Under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh
Abdullah Bin Salem Alqasemi
Deputy Ruler of Sharjah and Deputy Chairperson of the Executive Council
Khorfakkan International Conference for Persons With Disability and Adapted Physical Education
About The Conference
In the pursuit of the KHORFAKKAN Club for the Disabled to keep up with the developments in various fields and sciences, in order to reach a world-class level of knowledge, coordination and integration in the fields of sports science to serve the sports future in various regions of the world in general and the Middle East in particular.
The conference will be held in cooperation with the Development and Research Academy for Sports Science Activities (DRASSA), in coordination with the Sharjah Sports Council, members from the International Federation of Adapted Physical Activity (IFAPA), and Sharjah University.
Which will be held in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates, on 29-30 June 2019. A group of sports and physical education scientists will gather from around the world to exchange knowledge, ideas and experiences in the light of new developments in the field of adjusted physical activity, and is used in the fields of sports and physical activities for persons with disabilities.
- Shed light on the latest development in the different field of adapted physical education and sports for persons with disabilities.
- Network with scientists, experts, and other parties interested in the issues covered at the conference, to discuss methods of improvements.
- Support the cooperation amongst various national, regional and international sports organizations specialized in adapted physical education and sports for persons with disabilities.
- Work on providing a database that includes the results from scientific research on the various sports and physical activities of persons with disabilities, in addition, to provide scientific information relevant to all organizations, institutes, colleges, bodies and sports councils.
- Identify health behavior models for athletes with disabilities including sports rehabilitation and therapeutic recreation.
- Keep up with the latest developments related to sports technology and applications in the field of adapted physical education and sports for persons with disabilities.
- Spread the culture of innovation and excellence in the field of sports science for people with disabilities in different communities
- Studying inclusion, integration and mainstreaming strategies in adapted physical education and sports activities for persons with disabilities.
- Discussing ways to prepare the Arab Paralympic champion from selection to optimal performance.
- Review of the international organizations for sports of persons with disabilities … Reality and ambition.
- Propose strategies for the advancement of sports designed for people with disabilities at the national and regional levels.
The conference covers the following topics:
- Knowledge areas relevant to adapted physical activity science and staying aligned with its development
- Management in the field of sports for persons with disabilities and adapted physical activity
- Recreational sport in the field of Sports for persons with disabilities and adapted physical activity
- Health sciences and rehabilitation: Sports for persons with disabilities and adapted physical activity
- Psychological and social sciences: Sports for persons with disabilities and adapted physical activity
- Coaching Science and Biomechanics in the field of Sports for persons with disabilities and adapted physical activity
- School Physical Education and sport teaching techniques in the field of Sports for persons with disabilities and adapted physical activity.
- Semi-Olympic sports Organizations.
- Scientists, researchers, influencers, experts and those interested in adapted physical activity.
- Academics working at universities, colleges and institutions specialized in sport sciences.
- International, regional and local sports organizations, bodies and associations interested in the area of sport for people with
- Teachers with the Ministry of Education and special centers for persons with disabilities.
- All of those working and associated with clubs and sports centers specialized in the sport for people with disabilities.
Conference Activities and Events
Exhibition of companies producing modern sports equipment and tools used for persons with disabilities.
Workshops in the fields of adapted physical activity sciences and its developments.
Certified training courses in the areas of rehabilitation of persons with disabilities.
29 – 30 June 2019
Sharjah – United Arab Emirates